E-Scape and Scrap

Forum of the shop

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gallery - Clean Up Request

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Gallery - Clean Up Request on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 am

I've noticed that the gallery has quite a few SPAM comments made by the member known as 'Cameron' Mad (others have commented elsewhere in this forum about these as well).

From what I can see, this 'Cameron' person has made 199 comment posts to the gallery. Although I've not personally viewed all 199 of those comments, since this member has never uploaded an image to the gallery (as shown on the Statistic page of the member's profile), one can only assume that all the comments are SPAM in nature. Suspect

Leaving those comments untouched not only feels bad to the layout artists Sad, it looks bad to others viewing the gallery and gives the impression that the gallery is not well maintained which, in turn, can make it vulnerable to further spammers Evil or Very Mad .

Julie - Is there a way that the gallery can be purged of this member and all their comments?

2 Re: Gallery - Clean Up Request on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 am

Rose Thorn wrote:I've noticed that the gallery has quite a few SPAM comments made by the member known as 'Cameron' Mad (others have commented elsewhere in this forum about these as well).

From what I can see, this 'Cameron' person has made 199 comment posts to the gallery. Although I've not personally viewed all 199 of those comments, since this member has never uploaded an image to the gallery (as shown on the Statistic page of the member's profile), one can only assume that all the comments are SPAM in nature. Suspect

Leaving those comments untouched not only feels bad to the layout artists Sad, it looks bad to others viewing the gallery and gives the impression that the gallery is not well maintained which, in turn, can make it vulnerable to further spammers Evil or Very Mad .

Julie - Is there a way that the gallery can be purged of this member and all their comments?

Rose - when I mentioned Spam comments to Julie a couple of weeks ago, I'm pretty sure she said she had to have links to the comments in order to delete them. A rather daunting task if there are so many!

3 Re: Gallery - Clean Up Request on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:07 am

GreenEyedLadyDesigns wrote:Rose - when I mentioned Spam comments to Julie a couple of weeks ago, I'm pretty sure she said she had to have links to the comments in order to delete them. A rather daunting task if there are so many!
I agree, but if she has administration rights, I'm pretty sure she could remove the member entirely.... we'll have to see what Julie says. Neutral

4 Re: Gallery - Clean Up Request on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:53 am

Rose Thorn wrote:
GreenEyedLadyDesigns wrote:Rose - when I mentioned Spam comments to Julie a couple of weeks ago, I'm pretty sure she said she had to have links to the comments in order to delete them. A rather daunting task if there are so many!
I agree, but if she has administration rights, I'm pretty sure she could remove the member entirely.... we'll have to see what Julie says. Neutral

She can ban him, or delete him, but she has to manually remove the posts. Here's what Julie wrote me on December 15

"Hi Vicki,
Yes, I banned that Cameron several weeks ago, darn him! If you need comments removed you will need to send me links to the layouts he left his spam on."

5 Re: Gallery - Clean Up Request on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:28 am

GreenEyedLadyDesigns wrote:She can ban him, or delete him, but she has to manually remove the posts.

Oh, that really stinks! What a shame... like Julie said, 'Darn him!'

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum